Sorigny Twinning Committee
Article bulletin municipal Comité de Jumelage 2013
Many actions and events have marked the life of the twinning committee in 2013.
- In February: Valentine’s Day Tea dance for the second consecutive year.
- April: We had the pleasure of hosting for one day Michael and Carole Williams from the village of Box in England, with whom we now have established good contacts with the hope of a future twinning. Our two guests visited and Sorigny Indre Valley accompanied by Alain Esnault, Francine Gaboriau and members. They also discovered the region from the sky in a Sorigny flying club aircraft. The day ended in a very friendly way with an apéritif with all members of the committee.
- June: Participation in the music festival as a stand desserts in association with « my Sorigny Village ».The weather was not with go but the quality of the bands and the good atmosphere made the evening a very warm moment.
- August: Gourmet market. We love that moment of encounter with the population of Sorigny and surroundings. Our pancakes, waffles and other Chichis always have a lot of success!
- September: Resumption of English classes that is a real source of satisfaction because the number of students increases every year; which signs the need or the desire of the population to master the language. We maintain two levels of courses. Professor Geraldine Polisset alive with passion the two groups of students.
- October: The Annual Lotto – always appreciated.
- Take time now for the next tea dance to be held Sunday, February 16, 2014 and will be hosted by the orchestra of Franck Sirotteau. Entrance fee € 9 with pastries offered.
Our 2014 goal is to achieve pairing with Box. Our English friends have made good progress in the process since their twinning committee is now created and the municipality of Box supports the project. Youth clubs of both towns also have the opportunity to share via Facebook.
We are very excited to be able to transform our relationship with Box of several months in a true partnership. Besides, all the goodwill interested in the twinning project are welcome and can contact Stéphanie Robin (06 88 30 50 30) or Christine Colin Desbourdes (06 71 01 71 58).
But what is also very important for our association beyond the opening goal to a European country, is the encounter with the inhabitants of Sorigny. All activities that punctuate the life of the committee during the year bring us a lot of satisfaction.
We wish you a happy new year 2014 and hope to see you at our events.
The office and all members of the twinning committee
November 8th 2012 the Channel twinning committee in La Nouvelle Republique newspaper
Box Twinning Committee
Sorigny had the pleasure of hosting for one day Michael and Carole Williams from the village of Box in England, with whom we now have established good contacts with the hope of a future twinning. Our two guests visited and Sorigny Indre Valley accompanied by Alain Esnault, Francine Gaboriau and members. They also discovered the region from the sky in a Sorigny flying club aircraft. The day ended in a very friendly way with an aperitif with all members of the committee.