The latest items from the story of Box
Fogleigh House was built on the outskirts of the village by Cornelius Pictor, leading Box quarry-owner. He designed it with a different motif on every lintel and capital including the family crest and a Hive of Industry decoration.
Joseph Gape PC
This is Box’s village bobby (when there was such a thing) in training in 1911.
We reveal why he prosecuted motor infringements so stringently.
Methodist Church in 1935
Members of the church celebrating the Silver Jubilee of George V outside the Methodist Hall in Box.
Study of Wilbert Vere Awdry
Where the books of Thomas the Tank Engine were written.